- To express yourself in French using correct pronunciation, stress and rhythm.
- To make the connection between spelling and sound in reading and dictation.
- To use correct intonation when communication to express meanings and emphasise the most important elements
- To understand rapid speech while analysing the characteristics of pronunciation identifying key words, stress, rhythm, and significant intonations.
- To identify the various characteristics in accents of native and non-native speakers
- To use strategies to identify and correct one’s own pronunciation errors