The “specific skills” modules aim to develop specific language skills and the competence necessary to participate with more ease in academic, professional or social life.
English for academic studies
Students in 1st and 2nd cycle (BA et MA) – These modules are intended for 1st and 2nd cycle students only.
- Academic Writing for Bachelor and Master Students – from B2
- Participating in Academic Discussions, Presentations and Lectures – from B2
Students in 3rd cycle and students doing research – These modules are intended for doctoral and post-doctoral students only.
- Coaching for Communicating in English in an Academic Context – from B1
- Preparing a 180-second Thesis Presentation in English for Doctoral Students – from B1/B2
- Academic Writing for Doctoral Students – from B2
- Social and Professional Interaction in English: face-to-face Communication at Conferences and Events (during the Summer intersemestrial period) – from B1/B2
- PhD Intensive Course – Academic Writing for Doctoral Students (during the Summer intersemestrial period) – from B2
- Presenting research in English (during the Summer intersemestrial period) – from B2
English for professional purposes
These modules are intended for members of the EPFL community and have a very specific focus.
- Interacting in social situations for Staff Members – from B2/C1
- Planning to Work in an International Environment (for persons preparing to enter the international job market) – from B2/C1
English for the development of specific interactive skills
These modules are intended for any member of the EPFL community and cover general interest.
- Communicating with Confidence – B1 and B2
- Speak Clearly by Improving Different Features of Pronunciation – from B1/B2
- Discuss and Debate – from B2/C1